The biggest challenge has been where to start? Have you ever written a first post? It is kind of awkward and made me feel like I was filling out an online dating profile (yes, I’ve done a few). What do I write in this first post? Feeling like this question of “where am I going” plagued me for a while in various aspects of life lately. Miami recently had a close call with a Category 5 hurricane; luckily we only sustained Category 2. That storm really got me to thinking about what are some of the most important things in my life? The answer fill be unfolded in the months to come right here on this blog.
But let’s get back to this question at hand: “why write a blog?” My biggest hope is that someone reading a future post will relate to it and get that feeling of community. When I read, or know that someone else is going through the same thing that I am going through – well dang that makes me feel so much better. Another hope is that a topic that is discussed could help a stranger through a tough time when they haven’t exposed their inner thoughts to the world yet. My life has not been nor will ever be perfect (details of this to come, I promise). Best way to explain is: I put the capital STR in struggle! The only way we get better is to learn through experience. So why not share my life with others in hopes it helps someone. My last goal is to spread awareness for my biggest project: The Woody Foundation. You’ll find in future posts that I work for a non-profit that helps people living with paralysis. Spreading the TWF mission with others is probably one of the greatest joys of my life and has given me so much purpose.
Ultimately, I believe that this blog will take on its own journey and will become what it needs to be for whoever is reading.
Some quick fun facts you’ll quickly find out about me:
- Sports are kind of a big deal. Love to watch them, play them, talk about them, you name it and I’m all about them. Sports brings my family together; my first job was based on them and most of my friends love them too.
- Reading books brings so much joy into my life. They have been a source of entertain and have given a sense of adventure. Getting lost in a book makes me happy. There is no better feeling than waking up early or staying up late to find out what happens on the next page.
- I have found that there are just too many good recipes out in the world to keep cooking the same things over and over again. Don’t get me wrong got to make the staples but cooking is such an opportunity to test out new dishes and that is something that also can put a smile on my face. Food gathers people and I love to host to friends over for dinner any night of the week.
- Full disclosure at the moment most things that I learn today are from a podcast. I reference them all the time and typically start most conversations with “was listening to a podcast about that” … it’s bad but I can’t help it as they are so in interesting and jammed with so many good stories.
- Family is a huge priority! You’ll find that I spend a strange amount of time with these people as we do pretty much everything together. Have you ever heard the saying “I smile because you’re my family…I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it” – yep that pretty much sums it up.
Hope that small glimpse of my favorite things gives you sense of where I am coming from throughout this blog and a sneak preview of who I am.